- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Companies Act 1957
The first 200 words of this essay...
Companies Act 1957
It is an act to provide for the incorporation and registration of companies in Brunei, to control and regulate the relation between members of a company and its creditors and the company and between the company and its creditors and the public, to provide for the conditions under which companies incorporated outside Brunei may carry on business in Brunei and generally to control the functioning within Brunei of companies registered locally or carrying on businesses within Brunei. The Companies Act is enacted on 1st January 1957. this applies to every company registered in Brunei irrespective of the place or places where the business of such company may be carried on.
Rules and Fees (General Rules)
1) The Chief Justice may, with the occurrence of His Majesty make general rules for carrying into effect the objects of this Act so far as relates to the winding up of companies, and also rules for the purposes of this Act generally, including rules as to costs.
2) Minister of Law with the approval of His Majesty The Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan:
a) the manner in which applications by persons desirous of being
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Other Jurisdictions (view all)
- Arrest under CrPC, India. To make sure that the power to ar...
- There are four elements to a crime, a law, an offender, a ta...
- POLICE AND HUMAN RIGHTS: This project aims to look into the ...
- The applicability of the Placaeten (passed by the Estates of...
- The law of partnership
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.