- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
disabled service user
The first 200 words of this essay...
How would you develop and maintain a professional relationship with a disabled
This assignment will demonstrate how to develop and maintain a positive professional relationship with a disabled service user. The key stages of the Care Management process will be looked at, with a view from the service users' perspective taking into account issues of inequality and oppression.
Disability is any restriction or lack of ability to perform an activity, as a result of impairment, in a manner or within the range considered normal for a human being for example to climb stairs (French 1994)
There is variety of ways in which we communicate with disabled service users. Body language, that being our posture, facial expression, eye contact and proximity are non-verbal communicators. Whereas the words and the way we speak are also crucial, such as tone of voice, delivery is all paralinguistic. In order to create an atmosphere of non-possessive warmth, all three communications, verbal, non-verbal and body language all need to be in agreement. Seeing the person and not the disability is crucial.
Communication with disabled people should be undiscriminating, not humiliating and non
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human & Social Geography (view all)
- Personal development essay
- Explain the effects of discriminatory practice, within an ea...
- Consider the role of child care professionals in promoting t...
- The causes, conditions, and solutions of Underdevelopment: A...
- Different types of commitment in marketing
- To what extent is the west to blame for the failure of the g...
- I have chosen to discuss Wokings Italian community, as it di...
- Investigate the Factors that Determine the Well-Being of Afr...
- Kenya's Water Shortage. The objective of this project is to...
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation on internationa...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.