- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
PRSPs: The International Financial Institutions(TM)s New Anti-Poverty Agenda. A New Start or More of the Same?
- Essay length: 5097 words
- Submitted: 25/11/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
PRSPs: The International Financial Institutions's New Anti-Poverty Agenda. A New Start or More of the Same?
Table of Contents
Table of contents
Definition of key terms
Wider conceptual context
Critical analysis of specific literature
Interpretation of relevant case study material
The World Bank and International Monetary Funds answer to the previously inept structural adjustment programme was the poverty reduction strategy paper, formulated in 1999. Today, countries are required to formulate their own poverty reduction strategy paper, if they wish to receive financial aid from either of the global financial institutions. Our study is based around the debate as to whether the PRSP process is a new start, or more of the same with 3 overriding themes; the wider conceptual context and how PRSPs fit into the global context, critical analysis of specific PRSP related literature and finally case study material, focusing specifically on Zambia and Ethiopia.
Today's globalizing world is one of great controversy, with the rich seemingly getting richer and the poor getting poorer. The concept of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human & Social Geography (view all)
- Consider the role of child care professionals in promoting t...
- disability essay
- Explain the effects of discriminatory practice, within an ea...
- Personal development essay
- Is Cognitive Therapy an Efficacious Treatment for Depression...
- To what extent is the west to blame for the failure of the g...
- I have chosen to discuss Wokings Italian community, as it di...
- Investigate the Factors that Determine the Well-Being of Afr...
- Kenya's Water Shortage. The objective of this project is to...
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation on internationa...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.