Welcome to Marked by Teachers,
Our mission? To provide a seriously useful online resource for all students, at all stages of student life. Whatever it takes to help you reach your full potential - tips, inspiration or just plain advice – we believe that two heads are definitely better than one.
Who we are
Marked by Teachers first started life in 2002 and was transformed in 2012, helping you discover what makes a great essay, learn from fresh examples marked by teaches across the UK. Reaching over 3 million students, it's safe to say that we really do get students.
We've got years of experience
You're in safe hands here at Marked by Teachers. We've been online for over 10 years, which (apart from making us feel a bit old) means we know our stuff when it comes to students. We've come a long way since our humble beginnings in 2002, and because we're dedicated to quality, we're trusted by teachers all over the UK – and Boris Johnson!
We've got high values
We take academic integrity very seriously, which is why we're recommended by teachers and educational technology providers alike. Marked by Teachers is the only online essay resource to submit all our uploaded documents to the TurnItIn database. TurnItIn is the world's leading plagiarism detection service, running originality checks against 20 billion webpages, 225 million student papers and leading library databases – including ours.
By submitting work to TurnItIn, we ensure all the essays on our site are safe from being misused by others, and your work is protected.
Do you want to advertise to students?
We have years of experience in advertising to students across a range of relevant brands, so it pays to work with us.
We get students
- We've worked with students for a long time, and we really do understand them. If you want to engage with students effectively – talk to us.
- We're specific. When working with us, you can highly target your activity – by subject, age, level of study or social interests.
- We have a big, big audience. Marked by Teachers reach over 6 million students every single month.
- We are the digital gateway to reach the UK's student community.
- We're in this for the long-term. Because we work with students at all levels of education, we can help you Reach, Listen and Engage with students in secondary school right through to the end of university.
We are committed to providing equal education opportunities for all and do what we can to support widening access into Higher Education.
- 54% of our users' parents didn't go to university
- 51% have a household income of less than £24,000
- 99.1% of our users intend to go, are at or have graduated from university
- 20% of Marked by Teachers users are non-white British – that's 5% more than the entire UK population
- 80% of users across Marked by Teachers are state-schooled.
We work with the majority of Higher Education institutes in the UK, government departments and many notable youth brands.
Already got a project in mind? Talk to us about your requirements – get in touch…
Take a tour