Marked by Teachers Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice).
This website is not intended for children (under 13) and we do not knowingly collect data relating to anyone under 13.
What data do we collect?
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes username, first name, last name, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers, delivery address.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol ("IP") address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, your education your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Geographic Data: includes locations worked out from your IP address and location data you provide, post code, country of residence.
- Education Data: includes universities you're interested in, years you want to start university study, university open days you are interested in, courses and qualifications you are studying at any level, your grades.
- Video Data: includes if you upload a video to our platforms or otherwise share videos with us (this does not include linking to third party videos hosted on other websites).
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
You may give us your Identity, Contact, Profile and Marketing and Communications Data by filling in forms on our website. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Use our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- give us some feedback
Automated technologies or interactions
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical and Usage Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers, such as Google.
- Identity, Contact and Profile Data from Facebook or Google or others, when you choose to register on our site via these third parties
- Geographic data worked out from your IP address: e.g. from geo-identification services.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account in order for us to complete our contract with you.
- Contact you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- When we process your order, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
We use external third parties acting as data processors for:
- Data analysis service providers – Google Analytics – we use these to collect data on site visitors and pageviews to understand our audience and improve our websites and the services we offer you.
- Website maintenance tools – we use to administer and protect our websites.
- Hosting service providers – Sonassi – they host our websites and data.
- Payment providers – Stripe and Paypal – they are our payment providers. We do not process or store your payment information, you deal directly with them through our website. They then hold your data in accordance with the relevant data processing and protection laws.
- Ad serving providers – Google Ad Manager, Google Display, Facebook – we use these services to deliver relevant advertising to you on our sites and elsewhere and understand the effectiveness of the adverts.
- Professional advisers - including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, legal, insurance and accounting services. Based in the United Kingdom.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities - who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances. Based in the United Kingdom.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
When you upload an essay we ask that you remove your name and any identifiable information about you from the essays that you upload, this is solely for your own privacy. If you do not remove your name and any identifiable information we will accept this as being your agreement for this information to be made publicly accessible and that you absolve us of our responsibility to keep this information private under any Privacy and GDPR regulations in force upon us. These regulations are still in effect for any other information we hold and this clause only pertains to the details contained on your submitted essays.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at [email protected] with this request.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Our Company's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Email us at: [email protected]
Or write to us at:
1st Floor, Central Parade, 101 Victoria Road, Horley, Surrey RH6 0DR
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality - Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising - Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Anonymous analytics cookies - We use Google Analytics software to monitor the number of people visiting the website, which uses a cookie to collect this information. Google Analytics only collects anonymous aggregate data, i.e. we cannot tell who you are or link data back to a specific username, and everyone’s data is shown as a whole, not individually. We use this only for statistical purposes to tell us information like how many people are new to the site or have visited before and which pages are the most popular.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Sometimes we may include links to retailers (eg. Amazon). We may receive a small commission from the retailer if you make a purchase after clicking one of these links. Posts are not expressly sponsored by retailers, publishers, promoters or manufacturers unless otherwise clearly stated and all editorial decisions are made solely by us.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]
Or write to us at:
1st Floor, Central Parade, 101 Victoria Road, Horley, Surrey RH6 0DR
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.