- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Marks & Spencer is one of the UK's leading retailers of clothing, foods, homeware and financial services, serving 10 million customers a week in over 300 UK stores.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Marks & Spencer is one of the UK's leading retailers of clothing, foods, homeware and financial services, serving 10 million customers a week in over 300 UK stores. The Company also trades in 30 countries world wide, and has a Group turnover in excess of £8 billion.
Marks and Spencer originated from Michael Marks and Tom Spencer in 1884
Since then Marks and Spencer has become a global retailer and each year has seen the company go from strength to strength. Although this can be said for most years Marks and Spencer has had its recessions from about 1998 - 2000 Marks and Spencer went through a bad spell not only in its customer relations but also in the press and media. Since 1920, Marks and Spencer has bought directly through the manufacture, using its trademark name "St Michael" and became a public company in 1926 with its first store opening in 1930 in London. Café bars were opened in the late 1930's, as were research labs to pioneer new fabrics to the M&S range.
Since then M&S has become Britains leading department store offering a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Structures, Objectives & External Influences (view all)
- Describe how political, legal and social factors are impacti...
- Describe the influence of two contrasting economic environme...
- Discuss the impact of recent changes in the UK economic envi...
- Tescos. I am going to explain the ethical concerns facing th...
- Investigating Business. Tesco PLC. I will be describing the...
- How Marks and Spencers applies business ethics.
- BTEC Level 3 In this assignment I will be going to assess ho...
- Comparison of stakeholders interest and influence. Apple vs....
- Analysis of Business Ownership - Partnerships and Soletrader...
- Organisational structures - ASDA+West Cheshire College
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.