- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Antigone. How would you want your audience to respond to the role of the messenger? Explain how you would perform the role in order to achieve your aims.
The first 200 words of this essay...
How would you want your audience to respond to the role of the messenger? Explain how you would perform the role in order to achieve your aims.
The messenger is the person that delivers the tragic new of Antigone and Haemon's deaths. The messenger knows that he is dealing with bad news, but he does not understand the knowledge that he possesses and the effect that it could have. I would want my audience to respond to the role of the messenger with pity due to his naivety, yet eventually recognise his thirst for power and gain in knowledge.
The messenger's first appearance in Antigone is when he brings the new of the death of Haemon and his wife, Antigone.
Here I would try to make it immediately obvious that the messenger thinks that he has the upper hand because he has information.
As the messenger, I would enter proudly with my head held high and strong, knowing steps. I would have my mouth in a small smirk to show that the messenger is boasting about having the power, finally.
This would mean that first of all the audience would not warm to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Theatre Studies (view all)
- In what ways were acting techniques or design elements and d...
- Contextualising Our Country's Good.
- Analysis of Use of Language in 'The Crucible'
- A Doll's House - Language
- A Doll's House - Form, structure, and social and historical ...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.