- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Shaken and Spied- The televisions series Alias.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Shaken and Spied
Exotic lands, disguises and secrecy distinguish the intriguing world of espionage. The knowledge of spies is a mystery to many, leaving us lusting for answers from Hollywood, who in return capitalize on satisfying our need for these "hidden truths." The realm of intelligence outlets was,[MSOffice1], however, "shaken but not stirred" when J.J. Abrams created the television series, Alias. In a gutsy but not surprising move for the twentieth century, this young producer satisfied the feminist movement by creating a strong, independent female spy and main character, Sydney Bristow (Jennifer Garner). With a modern sophisticated plot, this action-packed television show parallels classic James Bond films, while strumming the cords of restricted romance movies and simple-humor comedies. These elements, undoubtedly, make Alias one of the best forms of entertainment.
The show, which is often praised for its complexity, revolves around the character Sydney Bristow, a college student recruited to work for SD-6. Naive to the truth, Sydney assumes she is working for a branch of the CIA. The bitter reality is revealed to her, however, after the death of her fiancé, Danny. It is then that her estranged father exposes that SD-6 is part
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Plays (view all)
- Outline your set design for Antigone and explain how it woul...
- Drama Portfolio - Too much Punch For Judy
- "Though the most corrupt character in the world of the ...
- Performance notes on our piece - John Godbers Teechers
- Consider how the audience is terrorised by the film Jaws mak...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.