- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What is our reaction or impression when we read or hear the term "white"?
The first 200 words of this essay...
What is our reaction or impression when we read or hear the term "white"? Quite often, it is simply colour that instantly comes to our minds. Furthermore, many of us are unaware of the various interpretations involving the word. This is not surprising!
Let's start with white clothing and its purposes, symbolic, or factual, commonly used in religions as well as in hospitals. The pope, an obvious Roman Catholic, wears white robes to portray his distinctive figure, being the highest authority at the Vatican. Similarly, some nuns wear white habits to reveal their puritanical appearance, and, not surprisingly, a bride of the same faith traditionally wears a white wedding dress to demonstrate her virginal aspect.
Looking at a different religion, it is very interesting to learn about the custom in Islamic countries, where the dead are buried naked, wrapped in a white cloth. Their belief is that it symbolizes purity and is a necessary religious practice for the dead to get to heaven.
When it comes to facts, we also understand the necessity of white garments used in private or public hospitals, and most clinics. Here, there are compulsory regulations where all medical staff
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Alice Walker (view all)
- Walker's presentation of Celie and Shug's growing relationsh...
- Alice Walkers depiction of men in The Color Purple has been ...
- Gender roles in The Color Purple.
- Character description of Celie Shug and Albert from"the...
- What are the main themes of Pleasantville and how does the d...
- How does Walkers presentations of Womanism affect your inter...
- In her story Everyday Use, Alice Walker is telling the story...
- The text The Color Purple, in both the novel by Alice Walker...
- Explore Walkers Portrayal of Female Identity - The Color Pur...
- first 6 letters in the color purple analysis
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.