- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Describe key legislation in relation to health, safety and security and setting out how this influences health and social care delivery.
The first 200 words of this essay...
P2: Describe key legislation in relation to health, safety and security and setting out how this influences health and social care delivery.
The legislation that covers Fire in the workplace is: -
Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations 1997 - FPWR
In general, FPWR requires that premises with over 5 workers must have a written fire risk assessment detailing the appropriate fire safety work required, though some premises can be exempt.
Following the fire risk assessment the employer must where necessary in order to safeguard the safety of employees in case of fire and to the extent that it is appropriate, provide: -
A) Emergency exit routes and doors;
B) The final emergency exit doors must open outwards and not be sliding or revolving;
C) Emergency lighting to cover the exit routes where necessary;
D) Fire-fighting equipment, fire alarms and where necessary fire detectors.
E) Fire Exit signs, fire alarms and fire fighting equipment must be provided with pictograph signs - Health and Safety (Safety Signs & Signals) Regulations 1996.
F) Employers must train employees in fire safety following
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- Unit 3 Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care...
- I shall be assessing the different psychological approaches ...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.