- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Discuss Relaxation of Muscles and Emotion Memory as Tools an Actor Would Use in Rehearsal to Prepare For Building a Character.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Discuss Relaxation of Muscles and Emotion Memory as Tools an Actor Would Use in Rehearsal to Prepare For Building a Character
Relaxation of muscles and emotion memory are both important tools from 'The System' which actors would use in rehearsal to prepare for building a character. These techniques would also be useful when the actor is actually performing the role of this character.
Relaxation of muscles is the elimination of tensity in the actor's body for the purpose of both rehearsal and performance. This is needed because muscular tautness interferes with emotional expression. Also, tensity prevents concentration, inhibits expressions and an actor cannot freely express anything when muscular tautness is present. According to 'The System' an actor cannot perform a role to the best of his ability unless his body, mind, will and emotion are efficiently relaxed.
Stanislavski developed the idea of relaxation of muscles when he observed some of what were, in his mind, the greatest actors of his day. He noticed how fluid, lifelike and realistic their movements were. The actors seemed to be completely relaxed, and they let the behavior of the character come through effortlessly. From this, Stanislavski developed his
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Anatomy & Physiology (view all)
- The Body In Action Assignment. Energy systems.
- sports nutrition
- Physiology Within Sport
- Cardiovascular responses When or before exercising, a numbe...
- Body In Action
- Structure and Functions of Skeletal system
- Anatomy For BTEC Sport - bones and muscles.
- Arousal Theories. Arousal is defined as a perception of ant...
- Anatomy and physiology for sport and exercise
- Muscles in the Human Body
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.