- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Discuss the role of feedback in the learning of skills.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Discuss the role of feedback in the learning of skills
'Feedback is sensory information that results from movement'
(Davis et al-2000)
Guidance and feedback are extremely helpful when learning new skills. Guidance is information about what you are about to do. It should let the performer know which is the best way to succeed. Feedback is comments about what you have just done.
Feedback is most effective given straight after the performance, when what you have done is fresh in your mind. It should be accurate, clear, and easy to understand, in order to aid the learning of skills.
Feedback comes in several forms. These are used in conjunction with the learner's ability, and the type of activity being learnt.
* Knowledge of performance (KP)
* Knowledge of results (KR)
Feed back has four main functions; To inform the performer about how well they have done, positive or negative reinforcement, motivation, and punishment.
(Galligan et al. 2000)
Intrinsic feedback comes from the performer. It is usually focused on
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Acquiring, Developing & Performance Skill (view all)
- Describe and explain the components of a balanced diet P6, M...
- Describe and explain energy intake and expenditure in sports...
- Components of Fitness for Netball.
- Psychology for Sports Performance - task1 - How personality ...
- Describe arousal, anxiety and stress including their causes....
- Define personality and how personality affects performance
- A Self-Reflective Evaluation of a Paired Coaching Performanc...
- Aerobic Endurance and Strength Training Programmes
- In this task I am going to name one method of training which...
- Part practice can beneficial for cognitive learners, the ski...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo