- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Discuss the role of feedback in the Learning of skills
The first 200 words of this essay...
Discuss the role of feedback in the
Learning of skills
What is Feedback?
Feedback is part of the information processing system, which is received during or following a movement, to notify the performer about the effectiveness of the response. In order to learn and develop skills, feedback is necessary. Learning also requires knowledge of results and knowledge of performance.
Feedback gives information about the quality of a movement/performance. There are many types of feedback, and we should know each one and the effect it has on skill improvement and value related to learning stages of the performer.
* Intrinsic feedback-is sometimes referred to as internal feedback. All this information is inherent to the task. You can feel the response of how the skill was per formed through the kinesthetic senses.
* Extrinsic feedback-sometimes is referred to as external feedback. It comes from teachers, coaches, etc. the information given to the performers is used to reinforce the already received intrinsic feedback.
* Positive feedback-occurs when the task or performance is successful. It could used to strengthen learning and increase the probability of repeated successful performance.
* Negative feedback-is just what is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Acquiring, Developing & Performance Skill (view all)
- Choose three different target groups of sports participants....
- Personality and Motivation in Sport
- Describe and explain the components of a balanced diet P6, M...
- Describe arousal, anxiety and stress including their causes....
- Psychology for Sports Performance - task1 - How personality ...
- Health screening and monitoring questionnaire and declaratio...
- Practical team sports analysis - Football and Basketball
- Define personality and how personality affects performance
- A Self-Reflective Evaluation of a Paired Coaching Performanc...
- Aerobic Endurance and Strength Training Programmes
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.