- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Find out if recall of words is better when recalled in the environmental context of which the words were learned
The first 200 words of this essay...
Aim: To find out if recall of words is better when recalled in the environmental context of which the words were learned
A directional alternative hypothesis will be used because there is previous research to suggest what the results will be, (higher recall rates when tested in the same context).
An experimental method and independent groups design will be used, as it lowers bias.
The advantage of using an experimental method is that it produces quantitative data making it easier to analyse. It also allows for high levels of control and the ability to establish causal relationship between the independent and the dependant variable.
The disadvantages of this method are that the quantitative data produced is limited, as it does not tell you the cause in much detail. High levels of control result in low ecological validity of experiment.
Potential sources of bias and possible confounding variables are ...
- Demand characteristics - participants may figure out what is expected of them, so change their behaviour to give the experimenter better data.
- Experimenter effects - the behaviour of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Cognitive Psychology (view all)
- The cognitive perspective in psychology is often used to exp...
- Loftus and Palmer APFCC
- Outline and evaluate the research into eyewitness testimony.
- Outline & Evaluate the Cognitive Interview
- PERCEPTIONS ON COUNSELLING
- Explanations of disorders of memory PY4
- Research into memory and forgetting has found evidence that ...
- Alternatives to the multi store model of memory.
- Outline the cognitive explanation of depression
- Psychology Describe and Evaluate the mulitstore model of me...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.