- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Find out if recall of words is better when recalled in the environmental context of which the words were learned
The first 200 words of this essay...
Aim: To find out if recall of words is better when recalled in the environmental context of which the words were learned
A directional alternative hypothesis will be used because there is previous research to suggest what the results will be, (higher recall rates when tested in the same context).
An experimental method and independent groups design will be used, as it lowers bias.
The advantage of using an experimental method is that it produces quantitative data making it easier to analyse. It also allows for high levels of control and the ability to establish causal relationship between the independent and the dependant variable.
The disadvantages of this method are that the quantitative data produced is limited, as it does not tell you the cause in much detail. High levels of control result in low ecological validity of experiment.
Potential sources of bias and possible confounding variables are ...
- Demand characteristics - participants may figure out what is expected of them, so change their behaviour to give the experimenter better data.
- Experimenter effects - the behaviour
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Cognitive Psychology (view all)
- Outline the multi store model of memory with evidence to sup...
- Describe and evaluate the Multi-store Model of memory.
- Describe two differences between Short term memory (STM) and...
- Outline & Evaluate the Cognitive Interview
- Outline and Evaluate the Multi Store Model of Memory.
- How would you define psychology?
- Evaluate 3 Approaches to treating Mental Disorders: Psychody...
- Describe and Evaluate Research by E.Loftus into Eye Witness ...
- Outline and evaluate the behavioural explanation of psychopa...
- Explanations of disorders of memory PY4
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo