- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How does physics affect chocolate making?
The first 200 words of this essay...
The use of physics in Chocolate making
The Importance of Physics in Chocolate making
Chocolate making is based on physics. The altering of these factors can affect the cost, time and therefore profit. From the flow of chocolate during the product to the cross-sectional area of the chocolate is all based on physics. In addition the time it takes for the chocolate to dry is also dependant on physics principles.
How does physics affect chocolate making
Viscosity is the frictional force in fluids they are affected by the temperature of the fluid. If it is a liquid the viscosity will increase, if you decrease the temperature. However in a gas, the viscosity will increase if you increase the temperature. In the production of chocolate the temperature must be average, so that it flows quickly while producing, but must be viscous enough to be moulded to the desired shape. Also the cross sectional area affects the stress required to break it, this will in turn affect the texture. When a liquid is able to move quicker it is less viscous. Also, when the cross sectional area is greater, the force required will also be great to break
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electrical & Thermal Physics (view all)
- Investigate the current - voltage relationship for a resisto...
- To determine the internal resistance of a dry cell using an ...
- Experiment to find the specific heat capacity of an aluminiu...
- Electrical Properties of a Filament Lamp - Does a Filament L...
- Study of capacitors in charging And discharging processes 1
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.