- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
IBm and the third Reich
The first 200 words of this essay...
IBM and the Third Reich
Many people believe that the information age was born Silicone valley, but this is a false statement. The information age was born in Nazi Germany in 1933 by the American company IBM. IBM and the Third Reich had been business partners from 1933 till the end of the war. It was IBM job to supply the Nazis with census machines and punch card technology, which was used to organize and process information in a quick and efficient manner. These machines and technology were mainly used in Hitler's concentration camps for quick way to classify prisoners and identify the average amount of work one could get out of a prisoner before they were executed. IBM was acting in an unethical manner, since there is evidence that IBM officials were fully aware of what was being done with their machines and continued to allow it.
Throughout the 1930's and 40's there had been headline after headline in the New York Times and other prominent news papers of a possible genocide. For example in the New York Times on June 21, 1938 "Goebbels warns Jews must leave", again in the New York Times
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Business, Companies and Organisation, Activity (view all)
- NVQ level 2 unit 2 Business Administration. Worksheet on Pri...
- What do recent attempts to adopt 'partnership' approaches an...
- functional areas in oxfam and sainsburys
- Analyse the relationship between job roles, functions and an...
- Describe the main physical and technological resources requi...
- For this task I will be analysing the differences between St...
- Analyse how businesses are organised
- Government as a Stakeholder in Manchester Airport.
- Analysis of the Major Sectors of Employment in Gloucestershi...
- Evaluate the issues that need to be considered when starting...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.