- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Retail Marketing Case Study – The Body Shop and the Retail Marketing Mix
- Essay length: 4336 words
- Submitted: 11/07/2002
The first 200 words of this essay...
Retail Marketing Case Study - The Body Shop and the Retail Marketing Mix
Technology and globalisation are the two largest and most significant influences on the world's economic landscape. Technology is the propelling force behind globalisation. Today's technology is extensive and rapidly progressing on a constant basis. This is inherent in the products widely available today. Satellites, VCRs, fax machines, e-mail, the internet, laptop computers, answering machines, photocopiers, digital watches, camcorders etc... All these would astonish even people who lived thirty years ago. The 'global village', as predicted by McLuhan, is now reality, Daniels & Radebaugh (1998:23).
Marketing & Retailing
"Marketing is a social and managerial process by which individuals and groups obtain what they need and want through creating, offering, and exchanging products of value with others," Kotler (1994:6).
Marketing can be explained as people satisfying their needs and wants through an exchange. Exchange is when a person acquires something they need or want from someone by sacrificing something in return. Therefore, it can be said that exchange is at the very heart of marketing, Baker (1990:189).
"Retailing is... a very visible form of economic activity, and one that exerts a major influence upon the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing and Markets (view all)
- Marketing mix
- Explain the marketing concept and its importance to an organ...
- E-Commerce Entities
- Business-to-business (B2B) and the business-to-consumer (B2C...
- Differences between Persuasive and Informative Advertising
- Fig Hairdressing. What is the most important factor in impr...
- Analysis of research on the location of a new pizza shop.
- I believe Apple Inc. is more marketing oriented company than...
- In this report I shall be describing and explaining all of t...
- Types of Market Research
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.