- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
D.H. Lawrence - A personal review.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Name: Shem Mankey
Teacher: Ms. Hall
Due Date: 25/08/03
Good morning/afternoon everyone, today I am here to speak to you all about D.H. Lawrence. D.H. Lawrence was born David Herbert Lawrence in 1885, he died in 1930. On of his most popular pieces of work is LADY CHATTERLY'S LOVER, it tells of the love affair between a wealthy, married woman, and a man who works on her husband's estate. The book was banned for some time in both the UK and US and deemed as pornographic. SONS AND LOVERS was another of D.H. Lawrence's well-known pieces of work, this novel was based on his childhood. D.H. Lawrence is one of the greatest figures in 20th-century English literature and his work is still taught, used and studied in education today and holds an important place in our society today. His principles of sexual freedom began many obscenity trials, which are still part of the connection between literature and society, his work is still relevant in modern-day society because of it strong link to society and the way we live and feel. D.H. Lawrence's work is comparable with the work of contemporary poets because of its
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
DH Lawrence (view all)
- Critical appraisal of DH Lawrence's short story, 'Odour of C...
- Discuss the part played by the narrator in two, or more text...
- Write a study of the opening of D.H. Lawrence's short story ...
- Tickets, Please
- Comparison Essay: The Shades of Spring & Things by D.H L...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.