- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain why there was so much social hardship in Germany between the years 1918-1923.
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Explain why there was so much social hardship in Germany between the years 1918-1923."
During the years 1918-23 there were many reasons why there was so much social hardship in Germany, but the main reason was bankruptcy; its reserves of Gold had all been spent on the war. Also Occupation of the Ruhr made things worse because it increased Germany's debts, unemployment and the shortage of goods. All of this effected people to a great degree and led to German people becoming furious about the Government not being able to find a way out of the hardship, that the German people faced.
Furthermore Germany lost its wealth-earning areas, such as coal fields in Salesia, to its allies and had to pay reparation fixed at £6600 under the treaty of Versailles. Even though Germany asked for a reduction, it was rejected by France because she had to pay war debts to the USA. This deprived Germany from a lot of its income and with no Gold reserves Germany was in the worst Bankruptcy it had ever experienced. Due to the fact that Germany was unable to pay reparations, because it was bankrupt, France sent troops into the German
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Germany 1918-1939 (view all)
- Hitler’s domestic policy
- During the Years 1939-1945 why did Nazi policy to the Jews c...
- Treaty Of versailles
- Why did the Munich Putsch fail?
- Why did international peace collapse by 1939?
- "Popular support was the man support for Hitler becomin...
- What part did Hitler play in the Nazi parties rise to power?
- In January 1993, Hitler became Chancellor of Germany. Explai...
- Were the people of Germany better off under the Nazi Party?
- Assess the role played by conservative elites in propelling ...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.