- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
superpower relations questions
The first 200 words of this essay...
SUPERPOWER RELATIONS 1945-90
11a) Europe after 1945.
i) Give 1 reason to explain why the Soviet Union wished to control Eastern Europe after 1945. (3)
The Soviet Union wanted to control Eastern Europe after 1945 because it wanted to set up buffer states (a state that sits in between two rival powers much like Poland was between Germany and the Soviet Union in 1939) to protect herself from any enemies that threatened invasion.
ii) In what ways did the Allied powers deal with Germany at the Potsdam conference (1945)? (5)
At the Potsdam conference there were some vague agreements in relation as to how the allies dealt with Germany at the Potsdam conference in 1945. For example, it was agreed that more than 6million Germans in Eastern Europe should be resettled in Germany. For reparations, (in keeping with the idea of splitting Germany into four zones under control of Britain, France, Russia and USA, and Berlin also into 4) each of the Allies could take what they wanted from their zone of Germany. It was also decided that there should be de-nazification of Germany (eradicating any presence of Nazi rule) through holding trials
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International relations 1945-1991 (view all)
- How important was the nuclear arms race in the development o...
- Soweto Riots - The effects of Black Consciousness
- How far was the Cuban Missile Crisis the most important even...
- The role of the Berlin airlift and the Korean War in the dev...
- Who was to blame for the Cold War?
- How successful were the PLO in promoting its cause between 1...
- Who was to blame for the cold war?
- The Importance of East Germany in the Cold War
- Do you agree with the assessment that Mao was nothing other ...
- From Then to Now: Tibets Struggle for Freedom
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.