- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Data Handling - Mayfield School
- Essay length: 4095 words
- Submitted: 13/04/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
Data Handling Project Alexandra Mullan
For this project, I have chosen to show the relationship between height and weight. The main reason for this is because the data for height and weight is continuous, unlike eye and hair colour and KS2 results which are discrete or qualitative. Therefore, I can put the information I find into cumulative frequency tables, box plots, histograms and scatter graphs.
Before I begin my statistical inquiry I need a hypothesis to examine. A hypothesis is used as a basis for further investigation, and my first hypothesis is going to be as follows:
"The taller a pupil is, the more they are going to weigh "
I will use scatter graphs to compare all of my data and find correlations and standard deviation. I will use my histograms and box and whisker plots to investigate further the weight differences between each year and the boys and girls, and therefore I will find the quartiles and the median etc.
I could do this investigation using all 1183 pieces of data; however this would be extremely time-consuming. I therefore am going to take a random stratified sample, and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Height and Weight of Pupils and other Mayfield High School investigations (view all)
- The relationship between height and weight amongst different...
- Aluminium as used in Aircraft.
- Liquid chromatography is a technique used to separate compon...
- Investigating the Speed of a Marble Rolling Down a Variable...
- Statistic Coursework
- Testing 3 Hypotheses on Pupils Height and Weight.
- Statistics GCSE Coursework. Height and weight of pupils. Th...
- I am going to find out the year 10 male average student at W...
- Height and Weight of Pupils
- Statistics coursework Edexcell
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.