- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
We were all excited about our upcoming trip to Ramappa, which is located in Warangal District of Andhra Pradesh in India. Ramappa is named after a renowned sculptor who was the master builder of the famous temple in Ramappa, built during the reign of the Kakatiya emperors. It is a well known tourist resort but due to its distance from Hyderabad, the closest city, very few tourists come. There are numerous ancient temples built by the Kakatiya kings 5-6 centuries ago. The hills are dotted with the standing or fallen remains of ancient temples, carved out of large pieces of granite which were built by the Kakitya Kings. When you are in Ramappa and are visiting one of the temples, you feel as if you are in another time and place.
As we enter the small village of Ramappa, the stately palm trees standing tall on either side of the small dusty road seem to give us a grand welcome. Ramappa is surrounded by emerald green hills covered by a variety of trees from coconut and tamarind, to mangoes, neem and teak. With the lake as a water source, there are many paddy fields dressed in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hinduism (view all)
- Did Gandhi's influence help to achieve Indian Independence q...
- Hinduism is one of the few religions who believe in many god...
- Ancient Greek Medical Association Guide to the Asklepion Te...
- Hidu beliefs about good and evil The example set by Mahatma ...
- Ten Commandments
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.