- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How Weight Affects Friction.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The three factors that affect friction between surfaces are:
Surface type (Roughness)
Area of Contact
I will investigate how weight affects friction.
I will keep the other factors constant to make it a fair test.
I will choose the 100g masses.
I will choose the 95g sled.
I will take 5 numbers of readings.
My range will be from 0g to 1kg.
I will repeat each reading by 2 times.
I chose to use the 100g masses because they are easy to read and covers the required range.
I chose the 95g sled because the sled could hold more weight than the 31g sled, it is easier to read and easier to plot.
I chose to take 5 numbers of readings because it fits with my range. I will go up by 200g for each reading.
I chose to use my range from 0g to 1kg because it is easy to read.
I will repeat each reading 3 times, I will repeat readings and take average so that it will be a fair test.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Forces and Motion (view all)
- Investigating the relationship between the speed of a model ...
- The factors which effect the speed of a falling object
- To investigate how the height of a ramp affects the speed of...
- Practical Investigation into the Horizontal motion of a Proj...
- Parachutes Experiment - Abhirath Singh
- Report on Newton's laws of motion
- Designing an Efficient Balloon Car
- Need For Speed: High Speed Trains
- Rocket Essay. How Do Rockets Work?
- What are the laws of Physics involved in the design of the r...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.