- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
- Essay length: 5853 words
- Submitted: 13/10/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
Factors affecting the speed of a trolleycoae ae" . "r se" . ae . "ae" . "w or". ae . " " . ae . "k inae foae " . ae . ".
Travelling down a ramp
Factors such as; type of surface of ramp, height of ramp, weight/mass of trolley and the gradient or angle of a ramp all affect the speed of a trolley as it travels down a ramp. For instance a trolley may accelerate faster down a ramp on smooth wood rather than on carpet because carpet might provide greater friction for the tyres rather than the smooth wood. Out of all these factors, I am going to pick just 1 factor and alter it 5 different times, doing 3 trials for each time. We have also done some preliminary work on ticker - timers, so in my investigation I am going to expand on the notion of ticker - timers and incorporate my knowledge of ticker - timers in to this investigation.
Aim: To investigate the relationship between the speed of the trolley as it travels down the ramp and the gradient of the ramp.coed ed" . "r se" . ed
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Forces and Motion (view all)
- Investigating a Cantilever.
- Parachute Coursework
- To investigate the height dropped from a crater and the affe...
- Investigating Impact Craters
- The Physics of Paper Helicopters
- Car Safety - Crumple Zones
- Physics Pendulum Practical. How does the time period vary wi...
- Report on Newton's laws of motion
- Designing an Efficient Balloon Car
- Need For Speed: High Speed Trains
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.