- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
The experiment of egg osmosis.
The cell or plasma membrane is made up of phospholipids and different types of proteins that move laterally. These include peripheral proteins, which are attached to the interior and exterior surface of the cell membrane. Integral proteins are embedded in the lipid bilayer. Attached to these integral proteins are carbohydrate chains. These carbohydrates may hold adjoining cells together, or act as sites where viruses or chemical messengers such as hormones can attach.
The experiment is divided for three parts:
1) In the first part we will weight eggs on the scale before putting to the jar with 10% solution of vinegar. Next we will observing what happen after three days in the jar and what is the weight of eggs.
2) In the second we will be observing reaction of eggs in two substances which are safranin and raspberry syrup. And again we will weighting eggs after this two reactions, then we will compare results of first and second weight.
3) And in the last third part we will cut eggs shell and observing what happen inside eggs.
Osmosis is the diffusion of water
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Biology (view all)
- Osmosis Internal Assessment (Biology)
- Beet Lab. Aim: To determine the effects of temperature on t...
- The effect of temperature on amylase activity
- IB BIOLOGY INTERNAL POTATO OSMOSIS
- The Effect of Temperature on Enzymatic Activity. Aim To in...
- Urinalysis Lab. From analyzing the different urine samples c...
- Syphilis, a disease that is considered to be extremely conta...
- Explain how water moves from the soil into the plant
- Genetically Modified Food
- Are Viruses Alive?
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.