- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Modular reflections for TOK. Identify a piece of art which has communicated beauty to you, what precisely is this beauty and how is it that art manages to convey it?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Name: Pranav Sharma (24)
POD Modular Reflection 1
Immanuel Kant (1724 - 1804) said, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." "Eye" includes all the sense, as David Hume (1711 - 1776) said: "Beauty in things exists in the mind which contemplates them." Saying that beauty is in the mind of the beholder. Individuals have their own unique vision of the abstract, so they see art in different ways, judging its beauty by how well the expression meets their expectations.
1. Identify a piece of art which has communicated beauty to you, what precisely is this beauty and how is it that art manages to convey it?
2. If Art is about personal opinion, then why do we, as a society, rate some art as better than others? Why is art that were created centuries ago still well-known and valuable today?
3. Is the arts an important area of knowledge for you? What does art do that science and mathematics do not?
The Last Supper is a 15th century mural painting created by Leonardo da Vinci. It represents the last meal that Jesus had with his disciples
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Theory of Knowledge (view all)
- TOK essay: The vocabulary we have does more than communicate...
- Is conscience a more powerful motivator than money, fame or ...
- The vocabulary we have does more than communicate our knowle...
- The possession of knowledge carries an ethical responsibilit...
- That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.