- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
A pathophysiology review on emphysema
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Pathophysiology Review on Emphysema
Emphysema is a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) that permanently effects the way in which one lives. The pathophysiology of emphysema involve the enlargement of airspaces within the alveoli, along with a destroyed alveoli wall. There is no cure for emphysema but there are treatable methods to help make the symptoms much more easier on the patient. This involves making sure that as much gas as possible is exhaled out of the lungs. Smoking seems to be a major causal factor of emphysema, with research showing that a majority of COPD cases are because of cigarette smoking. Saying this, it does not mean that a non-smoker would not be able to be diagnosed with emphysema and this is due tot he deficiency of the enzyme alpha1 - antitryspin which is something that us found to be inherited thus making it genetic.
Emphysema is a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) which occurs in the lungs, when an individual is affected by emphysema their air sacs are found to be larger than normal and this is due to the fact that the alveoli in the lungs have been permanently destroyed. As
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Microbiology (view all)
- Describe the Concept and Discuss the Importance of Homeostas...
- Assess the effect of adjacent pH on the germination of a mus...
- Microbiology coursework
- Tiny Bubbles Biology Lab
- Cellular Respiration - Fermentation of Corn and Malt Extract...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.