- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
To what extent is globalisation a relatively new process in world politics
The first 200 words of this essay...
To what extent is globalisation a relatively new process in world politics?
Globalisation is an intensely contested and often misunderstood concept. There are many debates concerning globalisation however one debate will be looked in particular. The debate of whether globalisation is a relatively new process in world politics.
Globalization is not a new phenomenon. To state that globalization is a new concept is to state that international trade is a new phenomenon. It has been a concept, and a major precept of Classical economists, ranging from the physiocrats to David Ricardo. He talked a lot on Mercantilism. Mercantilism was a prevalent economic strategy during the sixteenth century and up till the seventeenth century, because it supported the political structure and the economic circumstances of that time. Mercantilism is an economic strategy that makes the assumption that wealth is finite. To become wealthy, a country must colonize to search for new sources of species (precious metals), take other countries' wealth, and maintain a favourable balance of trade. This meant the government must dictate economic activities, internally and externally, making the country into a closed economic system. However, the physiocrats believed that government intervention not only artificially inflates prices; government
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International Relations (view all)
- Critically evaluate Mearsheimer and Walt's response to the ...
- What makes International Relations a discipline, and why did...
- Network Security & management
- International Relations Essay
- What is Globalisation?
- What is globalisation? Is it a new phenomenon? If not, how...
- How useful is the concept of the balance of power for unders...
- What, if any, have been the principal achievements of Postst...
- Analysis of the Motives of the EU and US for the Promotion o...
- International Relations (henceforth referred to as IR) has m...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.