Unit 12 Investigating Internet Marketing D1
Maha Abu Nofal Unit 12 Investigating Internet Marketing R27
Tesco are offering a wide range of online services in order to have a successful business through the internet world.
Example on the services that Tesco provides:
- They promote their products online, which will help the customers to find more about the product and classify it as one of the best products in Tesco.
- They have online chat, which will help the customers to have online conversations with the staff to ask them questions about certain products.
- Digital complaint is one of the main services, because customers will need to have the opportunity or the chance to complain about certain product.
- Up to date information is another service that Tesco provides. Customers can benefit from it by checking all the new products that have entered the business and the prices of these products.
Tesco are operating their business online because they want their customers to benefit from purchasing products and services. Customers can benefit from using the different services that Tesco provides online such as customer’s online help, digital complains, product’s promotions and up to date information.
This is a preview of the whole essay
Customer services online is one of the main and best services that Tesco provides for their customers. Consumers can benefit from this service because it’s a fast result service. This means customers will receive back the answers to any of their questions in few hours. For example, a customer has decided to buy a product from Tesco online but wants to ask few questions regarding the products they are purchasing, for that reason customer services will give the opportunity to the customers to speak to a member of staff in order to help them with what they are looking for. Customer services is one of the main factors that will make the customer decide whether to buy the product or not, because if Tesco has not provide enough information about a certain product subsequently customers can ask for help for the customer services. However by not providing a good customer service online, customers will prefer to visit the actual store to buy the products and ask for more information if required.
From my point of view, this is a really good service to benefit from for both customers and Tesco. If Tesco does not offer the service for their customers then it will results in loosing customers online because customers always could do with a help from staff with how to use the site or even purchasing products. Also if this service is not provided for customers then they will prefer using other sites to purchase products as they might find better businesses offering better quality of customer services.
Customers are always happy with fast results, therefore it’s very important to provide a fast service in order to keep them happy. Also they are expecting a personal attention and in order to provide a good personal attention, Tesco will need to them give the opportunity ask a lot of questions. By providing valuable quick answers, consumers will be more likely to buy the product.
If Tesco does not consider the correct use of online customers’ services then it will cause them in having unsatisfied customers. However providing a good customer services for the customers will results in Tesco facing different types of challenges and in order to succeed, Tesco will need to face those challenges well. Examples of these challenges are:
- Setting up this service will require a lot of money, because Tesco will need to employ staff who are there 24 hours that provides a professional support to their consumers. However setting up the service online will also require high costs because Tesco will need a special company to design a certain page on the website for customer services.
- After receiving any complains, customers expects to receive a reply within hours, therefore delay in replying to customers’ complains will result in having unhappy customers. The online service should always respond to the staff otherwise the business might lose its online customers.
- The business might have customers who are unhappy with the services provides, therefore they will need to find quick solutions on how to satisfy the customers.
- Keeping promises is the most important challenge for Tesco. This is because if a customer has been provided with an offer, Tesco should keep their consistent offers unless they are better offered to be provided to the customers.
I recommend that Tesco needs to concentrate on offering the best customer services for their consumers by ensuring that they response to customers’ complains as soon as they receive them. Also they will need to make sure that customers are satisfied with the services provided. Tesco can ensure that customers are satisfied by meeting consumers’ needs and expectations and provide them with the services they would like to make a use of. Making sure that the online business is running effectively can also help Tesco meets its customers’ needs as this will give consumers a better knowledge on the products and services provided.