- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Compare the main characters from Lamb to the Slaughter and The Tell Tale Heart.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Both the writers in Lamb to the Slaughter and The Tell Tale Heart, show the main characters in the stories to be obsessed by their victims. In Lamb to the Slaughter the obsession is obvious straight away, but in The Tell Tale Heart the main character's obsession is not clear until later
on in the story. The writers both show obsession by their characters in the same way.
Roald Dahl, the writer of Lamb to the Slaughter, has tried to make Mary Malony's obsession with her husband clear. In the story Mary Malony acts with her husband's best interests in mind. When he gets home she is concerned for him; we know this because when she wants to cook him dinner, she keeps saying, "have something to eat." I think that she was obsessed with every detail about her life with this man. She almost lived a life of servitude. She loved to luxuriate in his presence.
We know Mary Malony is obsessed with her unknowing victim, Mr. Malony, because at the
very beginning of the story, she sets everything up so perfectly and so precisely. We know this because in the story it says
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Roald Dahl (view all)
- Captain Murderer By Charles Dickens
- Critical Response – The Landlady.
- Oral presentation - "Both Mrs. Maloney (Lamb to the sla...
- Discuss the social and historical context of each text refle...
- Compare and contrast - "Lamb To The Slaughter" and...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Zoey. University Student.