- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
In this essay, the potential advantages and disadvantages of legalising Cannabis will be examined and a conclusion will be reached as whether legalisation should be the answer of the Cannabis dilemma faced by the UK government.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Academic English and Study Skills 3
To Ildi Halstead
Student Name: Xiyue Wu (English Name: Luna)
Student Number: 0502131
Due Date: 9th January 2005
Chosen Topic: 6)
The decriminalisation/legalisation of the sale and use of cannabis has been a topic of national and international debate for some considerable time. Some governments have claimed that their experiments with the softening of laws surrounding the sale and use of the drug have been successful.
Discuss the pros and cons of a possible decriminalisation of cannabis, stating whether or not you believe it would lead to a breakthrough in the United Kingdom government's "war on drugs".
Drug abuse is a serious social problem in western countries. According to the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction, by 1998, approximately half of all young adults in England and Wales had used illicit drug at some point in their lives and a quarter to a third were current users (1999). Among various kinds of drugs, Cannabis, also known as Marijuana or Weed, is the most prevalent choice due to the relatively small risk perceived by drug users.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
UK Government & Parliamentary Studies (view all)
- Outline and Critically Assess ‘Rhodes’ Arg...
- Why do policies fail?
- "Lets be frank about it, most of our people have never ...
- How revolutionary was Thatcherism?
- Explain the role and importance of Federalism in the Constit...
- Analyse three key strengths and three key weaknesses of the ...
- Scottish Devolution
- The Beveridge report and the formation of the Welfare State.
- Does the Media have too much political power in Britain?
- Does Northern Ireland need some kind of truth recovery proce...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.