I could use Microsoft Excel but this doesn’t have all the features that Works and Access have such as its own word document creator as in Microsoft works and is not as easy to use as works and access are to use when making a database.
The only quick and simple solution would be to use a Database programme like Microsoft Works because this is the only one the school has and most of my work will be done there.
The manager of Magazine bushiness Preston wants the following to appear the Database:
- The database should include information about the subscribers non subscribers e.g. Name
- Section that will show the subscribers and non subscriber.
- A document to be send to subscribers for them to check there details.
- The document text should be clear for people to read.
- The document should include an icon
All of these can be done very easily in Microsoft Works and use from a program such as paint to customize the pictures. All so I may use internet explorer (web browser) to gather more information and pictures. I will also be using camera\scanner to get picture of the skaters.
I have decided to use Microsoft Works to solve the problem that the manager of the magazine. This will allow me to solve all of the problems set in the identify section.
Other software and hardware that I will include:
I will be collecting information from a number of sources. This includes:
Getting all the information about the subscribers and non scribers already.
Find out what the manger wants to be included in the database.
Ideas what the manager thinks the logo should be like.
The thing I may have to do to my project…
- Front Size/Style of writhing (easy to read)
- Design logo to put on document
- Keep the text the same size/font all the way through to make it look more professional on the documents
- Wright a document with information of subscriber on.
- The subscribers\non subscribers need processing in to a database
- Put all together and test.
The main output will be a database including a document. I will print out an example of the database for the manager to check.
Since the majority of the work will be done at school where the work will be saved on the school network. This means that the work will be backed up every night. During a lesson I will save my work regularly just in case the power fails or if there’s a problem with the computer.
Once the presentation has been installed, the computer that runs the program is locked away so that no one can alter the programme.
At the magazine office the computer may be linked up to a server like at school that they will be able to back up the database on to. So to ensure the data is safe they will have to be regally backed up to cdrw/dvdrw or zip drive to ensure the data is safe as well.