- The above list represents some of the Teams in HR. HR at Tesco ensure that Tesco runs as smoothly as possible.
- Marketing and sales
- Everyone has a different market. Tesco’s particular market is from anyone 18+. Tesco’s main sales are food. They are a food shop but sell the odd thing here and there. An example would be household goods and clothes.
- Anyone who wishes to purchase food in Tesco may do so. All the Target Market is aimed at people who are over 18 you can still buy there if you are under this age.
- Despite this year being a “Major problem” for all retail shops. Tesco is doing quite well as the figures show below.
- Tesco may wish to send out letters to people/members. This will be done through administration. Tesco’s admin team also deal with complains and letters that people/customers write in. (This is now done usually in eMail although the occasional letter may arrive).
- IT support
- For their website: Tesco.com they will need IT support technician to manage and keep the website up to date. See screenshot below.
- Another key thing that helps Tesco is it’s e-commerce side of things. A lot of people now days buy online as they say it’s “easier” and “less hassle”.
- Although it can be said the “System Runs Itself” there needs to be people there in case the server crashes or some ‘bugs’ enter the system.
- Finance and accounts
- Tesco look at the money coming in, and the money going out. They will be checking all the bills that people have been paying and they will also be paying and looking at all the items they have bought from suppliers in order to keep Tesco going.
- Other companies may let you pay on credit. Tesco doesn’t do that, you wont go to a checkout and pay on credit then pay for your food in a month’s time you pay for it there and then (usually in Cash).
- They also produce financial reports for managers and accounts for the shareholders.
- Customer service
- Customer Service is important wherever shop you go to. However a shop like Tesco would have to make sure that their customer service is excellent. The reasons for this are as follows:
- More customers return if they liked the service they received.
- This means growth and potential increase in profit.
- Production Operation
- Making sure that Tesco have all the materials they need from Suppliers is their production operation. This will include control of stock to the stores and in the warehouses
- The production area is contracted out to firms to make Tesco products.
The National Health Service (NHS) is the name of the in (though the term is also used to refer to the in the UK, collectively). The NHS provides healthcare to anyone normally resident in the United Kingdom with most services free at the point of use for the patient though there are charges associated with eye tests, dental care, prescriptions, and many aspects of personal care.
These are some of the functional areas:
- ICT is needed in almost every business especially the NHS. Accounts of peoples information will be kept on this so that they have records of who visited what doctor and when.
- The NHS can be a private company. People’s records will be kept by using ICT so that they can be easily accessed.
- Customer Services
- As in any business Customer Service is required. People may wish to phone up because they are unaware of an appointment or they wish to cancel.
- They may question that they have a bill that is the incorrect amount in which they need people to contact in the event that this happens.
- Human Resources (doctors, nurses etc)
- Doctors/Nurses play a vital role in the NHS. They help to make the problem better for anyone with medical problems
- Prior to becoming a doctor they will have to take a series of exams and training so they know how to operate and so they know the body inside out.
- Other HR are required like: Receptionists and Personal Assistants. They are responsible for what the doctor is doing and for how much time is required on a certain job. The time may be different for different jobs. No day is the same at the NHS.
- Support staff
- Support staff will need regular training in order to become qualified as the Doctor’s back-bone.
- Strategic leadership
- Leadership is important in any job as then you know where you stand. A person that has been doing a job for a while may be required to become a leader in which he needs to carry his team forward and make sure that everything is running smoothly.
- Without any leader there will be a big problem. Agreement between people is also very important as that way everyone is satisfied with what is going ahead. The leader has the say in this position which is why leading someone or leading a team is very important.
- This function in the NHS is to ensure the general public is aware of how to obtain good health care from the NHS.
- Marketing will also promote a “healthy lifestyle” for the public to reduce the demand on the health services.
- The finance department will monitor the budget for the NHS and all the expenditure of the NHS trust companies. The future of the NHS will ensure value for the services and supply of the medical products.
Here's what a teacher thought of this essay
*** There is very little evidence of research or understanding in this essay. It is easy to go to the Tesco careers website and see the many functions. They have not considered the different functions that will exist in Head Office and individual stores.