* Il y a presque deux millions de footballeurs (20,000 clubs, 700 professionnels).
- Plus de 1,700,000 d'habitants vont a la chasse. La plus importante est la chasse a tir (au fusil et a la carabine).
- * La France est le pays natal du cyclisme. Impossible d'estimer le nombre de cyclists. Il depasse certainement les cinq millions, si on comprend tous les gens qui ont leur velo.
- * Chaque annee on a le Tour de France (fonde en 1903), couru en juillet avec une vingtaine d'etapes.
- * Les foules adorent aussi les courses automobiles, dont les plus importantes sont: les 24 Heures du Mans, le Rallye de Monte Carlo, le Grand Prix de Pau, le Tour de Corse.
- * Le rugby prend ne importance toujours plus grande et bien que pratique principalement dans le Sud-Ouest, il a une dimension nationale. Il y a un reseau de 1,800 clubs avec 225,000 joueurs. Chiffres sont en accroissement constant.
- * Le tennis jouit aussi d'une popularite enorme grace au succes de toute une gamme de joueurs francais comme Yannick Noah, Henri Leconte, Guy Forget et Mary Pierce et a la decision prise dans les annees 70 d'investir des fonds sur le plan national. Il y a actuellement vers 1,400,000 licencies du sport dans l'Hexagone.
- * L'athletisme avec 120,000 licencies jouit egalement d'une popularite grandissante. Dans ce domaine aussi le gouvernement a investi des fonds et on a vu le resultat aux Jeux Olympiques de 1996 ou la France a gagne beaucoup de medailles. Marie-Jo Perec a gagne la medaille d'or dans le 200 metres et le 400 metres.
The sport is very necessary to carry out a healthy life. On the physical level, there is no doubt that any sports activity makes it possible to be maintained in good health. The sport helps us has to keep youth, beauty and physical form longer. Moreover, the sport is an excellent way of fighting against the stress. It allows detendre, to forget the pressures of the life and ' to reload itself '. The sport, social activity par excellence, offer multiple possibilities to be made friends. For example, one can fit in a team with other people and then one can meet all the weekends for the drive. The French are increasingly many A to practise a sports activity, same occasionally. 68% of the 14-6�ns have declarent to have regular or occasional sports activities, a proportion in regular growth for a few years. * The most popular sport is fishing (at sea, out of fresh water, the line has, with the throw), pratiquee by more than three million French. * There are almost two million footballers (20,000 clubs, 700 professionals). More than 1,700,000 inhabitants go has hunting. Most significant is hunting has shooting (with rifle and the rifle has). * France is the native land of cycling. Impossible to estimate the number of cyclists. It depasse certainly the five million, if one includes/understands all people who have their bicycle? * Does each year one have the Turn of France (melts in 1903), run in July with a score of stages? * Crowd adores also the motor races, of which most significant are: 24 Hours of Mans, the Rally of Monte Carlo, the Great Price of Pau, the Turn of Corsica? * Rugby takes importance increasingly large and although practical mainly in South-west, it has a national dimension. There is a network of 1,800 clubs with 225,000 players. Are figures of constant increase? * Tennis also enjoys an enormous popularity thanks to successes of a whole range of French players like Yannick Noah, Henri Leconte, Guy Forget and Mary Pierce and has the decision taken in the Seventies to invest funds on the national level. There is currently towards 1,400,000 lay off sport in the Hexagon? * The athletism with 120,000 lay off also enjoys a growing popularity. In this field also the government invested funds and one saw the result with the Olympic Games of 1996 or France A gains many medailles. Marie-OJ Perec A gains the gold medaille in the 200 meters and the 400 meters.
Here's what a teacher thought of this essay
This is a 5-star piece of work, which demonstrates a good range of topic-specific vocabulary, structures, verbs and conjunctions. There is a high level of accuracy, although accents are missing. In order to improve this piece of work, a greater range of tenses should be included, as well as the subjunctive and more examples of the passive. This will demonstrate a greater understanding of complex French grammar to the examiner.